Training is going well running up to this years Challenges and with the arrival of Spring, the light nights and glorious sunshine (some days!), its hard to stay indoors and not get out to enjoy it! There has been plenty time on the bike in prep’ for the fast approaching coast to coast challenge and training in the gym is well on track too!
Since the last post i did, the following is now confirmed:
- Thankfully my place in the BUPA Great North Run Half Marathon (13.1mi) has been approved
- The Salomon Kielder Marathon (26mi off-road) dates are now confirmed for the 7th October 2012, less than a month after the Great North Run!
- The UK 3 Peaks Challenge is now confirmed and booked for the Jubilee Weekend climbing all 3 of the highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales in 24hrs!
- The Coast to Coast MTB ride is also now confirmed and will be the first challenge to complete cycling the 140miles across the UK, starting one week tomorrow – the 14th March.
- The Helly Hansen Adventure Triathlon is also now just around the corner and will be the second challenge of the year, the event being one week after completing the coast to coast too!
All in all, im looking forward too giving everything to complete these and hope it will go some way in raising money for Children with Cancer UK.
An interesting challenge that has come up is the Tough Mudder challenge and being in May this year, it should fit in well around the other challenges! Take a look and see what you think… http://toughmudder.co.uk/about/
Once again thanks for reading – links to my justgiving page can be found here: http://www.justgiving.com/smithschallenge2012
However small a donation it really will make a difference!